Can you make your visitors take action?
If you can move your visitors to take action, you can transform them into leads, customers or donors. We call that transformation a conversion.
- If you sell online, a Conversion is a sale in your store.
- if a visitor calls for an estimate, the call is a Conversion.
- When a visitor fills out a contact form, requests information, or uses a special offer code, that is a Conversion
The Conversion Funnel
To make a conversion we need to create a direct path from interest to action, and lead our customers into the Conversion Funnel. We can do this by actively inviting them to engage with us through calls-to-action (CTA).
Some CTA examples
A Button that offers an eBook filled with useful information
- Your visitor clicks the button – enters an email address and phone number and the eBook is delivered
A web request form that provides specific information related to the form entries
- Your visitor fills in the form with personal or business details in exchange for a price quote or access to an exclusive area of your website, or a discount coupon
A “Call Now” button on your mobile site
- Your visitor clicks the button and it initiates a phone call to your office.
An “Instant Chat” popup that offers a live chat on every page of your site.
CTAs like these can make it easy for your visitors to get started. Invite them into the Conversion Funnel with creative call-to-action (CTA) buttons and forms, placed right next to the compelling words and pictures that explain and represent your brand. Then reward their action with high quality content or a valuable offer, and you can turn visitors into customers.